Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Physiatry) as well as Sports Medicine, Dr. Agesen did his fellowship training in Sports Medicine, Electrodiagnostics and Epidural injection procedures. He worked at the Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation in West Orange, New Jersey and then joined Associates in Rehabilitation Medicine for four years. Along with Dr. Malanga and Dr. Bowen, he started New Jersey Sports Medicine LLC. Dr. Agesen’s clinical interests include sports medicine, electrodiagnostics and treatment of acute and chronic tendon, ligament, back and joint disorders. He, along with his partners, is the team physician for local high schools and universities. He enjoys treating competitive athletes and sports enthusiasts of all ages and levels.
Thomas Agesen, MD is currently seeing patients through our Southern Affiliate, Dr. Daniel E. Fox at The Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, in Toms River on Thursdays. To schedule with Dr. Agesen at that location, please call The Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at 732-505-8844. They are located at 111 West Water Street, Toms River, NJ 08752.
Awards and Achievements
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2018 – Top 5%
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016-2017 – Top 10%
- Compassionate Doctor and Patient Choice awarded by Vitals Patients’ Choice Awards from 2008-2018
- Clinical assistant Professor Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation UMDNJ
- Residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell Campus, New York City